Modular Ring Seals
The Modular Ring Seal is a professional air- and watertight seal for pipes passing through walls, floors, or ceilings. It can be used to seal pipes and cables passing through solid structures and is suitable for either a cored hole or pipe sleeve application. The system is modular and is pressure tightened on installation, which prevents temperature and noise transfer.
- Prevents moisture and gas penetration where pipes pass through walls
- Protects pipes against aggressive surroundings
- Modular system enables installation into existing pipe systems
- Available in different sealing element options and pressure levels
- Building entries, wall penetrations, and cable penetrations
- Supply and disposal lines passing through building walls, ceilings, or floors
- Suitable for subsequent installation
- Use in noise protection according to DIN 4190
- For use in pipelines carrying drinking water
Installation Instruction Compact-Seal-Insert DDL Pipe-Seal Proceeding
- Make sure the surface of the core bearing /casing-pipe / carrier pipe in the installation area is clean.
- Check the carrier-pipe for centric adjustment. Even if the compact-seal is made out of high-quality materials, it does not allow however the function as support-bar of the carrier-pipe.
- Make sure the compact-seal is installed from that building side (nut side!), which allows easy access after finishing the installation, i.e. of retightening in case of setting conditions.
- Push the compact-seal completely into the annular space (the installation will be improved by moisten the elastomer parts and/or the inner and outer surfaces i.e. by using soap-water (NO LUBRICANTS).
- Tighten all nuts in clockwise direction (not crosswise!) with the same number of turns at a time until the entire space is completely filled up with the rubber element and the pipe-seal fits against inner and outer surface.
- Tighten the screws clockwise by using a torque-wrench with the recommended torque (see table).
- Due to possible setting after approx. 2 hrs. check the torque (for a pressure-tight sealing after approx. 48 hrs.) if necessary adjust.